Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Film Time!



     Since last week we couldn't film due to complications with our families and other plans, we decided it was best to start filming with or without Carlos. So, Isabel and Gaby suggested that we could begin filming our "headquarters scene" at my house. There, there's a specific room where my parents work, and since my father is a computer engineer, we thought it represented a good "stalking" environment for Carlos's chaser.  We began by printing some photos of our friend including some candid ones we took of him at school. After we printed several copies, we added some sticky notes reading things like "Spotted at Cypress @ 3PM." After making all of our notes and printed photos of Carlos we also opened up his social media onto the computers. Lastly, for our props, we decided on laying some pens and an open notebook to add to the mystery.


     As you can see, from the photo shown above, I was cutting some yarn because Gaby thought it could chow how we followed him throughout his day at school. So, after I cut some pieces of yarn that I had already had from previous projects, I taped them from each photo of Carlos, to another. You can also see from the photo that we had already added sticky notes, a book, and some pens scattered on the table creating an "office" look. Since I take photos as a hobby, I already had a decent camera that my group could use. So, to film, we used the Nikon D3100 for most of our opening shots. Here's where our props came to play. 






    As you can see, we decided to play around with angles. I suggested that we could do a bird's eye view so the audience can see the photos of Carlos and office supplies. However, since I don't have professional equipment, the shot came out with a handheld style. Luckily, on iMovie, which will be the software we'll use to edit, there's an option that can correct the jerkiness. As for now, I think my group and I are on track! 

No comments:

Post a Comment