Friday, March 31, 2017

Pre-Editing

        Throughout the week, prior to our final film day, we thought of what tools we could use to edit our footage. On our last project together, I remember that we used iMovie to edit, since the program was already included on my Mac. So, for this project, I decided we could use the same program since it included music and audio effects that aren't copyrighted. Also, I've been using the same program all year therefore I'm more familiar with how to use it. So, in terms of editing, I thought we could plan how we would edit our footage.
     
       To start off, I used storyboards to plan out each and every shot. This helped organize the filming process that we did prior. So, I went ahead and started playing around with iMovie, to find any professional techniques that I could incorporate in the editing process. Moreover, Gaby, Isa, and I thought it would be best to edit together, therefore we can use all of our knowledge in terms of editing. I thought this would be essential in creating the best film opening possible! Also, we could decide smaller details like font style and size, filters, enhancement (in lighting), and editing techniques like jump cuts, graphic match, reverse cuts, and eye line match.

       In addition, I also looked for other editing softwares that we could also consider for this project on the application store in our film opening. I found applications like Final Cut Pro, Capto, Motion, and Cinema Effects. However, all needed to be purchased! So, my scavenger hunt for applications was cut short. Anyway, by Monday of next week, we should be starting our editing process in class. Since we would be doing the editing together, I thought we could use a computer and my camera's memory card. This way, we could work on the project in class. I hope to finish early so we can enjoy Spring Break.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment