Sunday, March 12, 2017

Thought Process II



       As for now, I still didn't know quite where to start. So, I decided to do some research on how to plan a film. According to this article, the first few sentences talk about how your story must be clear.. which was exactly what I was expecting. The author also states that if your incapable of writing out your story in a couple sentences then maybe you should go back and try to revise it.

     I went further into my research and went ahead and found an article about storytelling. "Why must you tell THIS story?" "What's the belief in you that this story feeds off of?" are a few questions that are stated in this article. What's specifically interesting about this article is that the advice come from Pixar Animation Studios. An animation studio affiliated with Disney! And of course, everyone has seen at least one Disney movie. My point is, that's exactly what Disney/Pixar does. Their movies are memorable and unique.

    So then I came up with a couple of topics my story could address.

  • religion
  • politics
  • history
  • gender equality
  • culture
  • pollution
  • technology
  • racism 
With these topics in mind, I also thought it was appropriate to think of location as well.

  • the ocean
  • New York City
  • a nightclub
  • a meadow
  • a mall
  • Disney World (amusement park)
  • carnival
  • school

Overall, I think my group and I should be on track, and by the end of this week, I believe we'll come up with a strong story in class. 

citations:
  • Bernstein, Paula. "Pixar’s 22 Rules of Storytelling Presented with Film Stills from Pixar Films."IndieWire. N.p., 16 Sept. 2013. Web. 12 Mar. 2017.
  • Barrance, Tom. "Planning Your Film." Learn about Film. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2017.
  • Sharma, Enakshi. "5 Storytelling Techniques From Films To Make Your Brand Remarkable."Brandanew: Content Marketing & Branding Services. N.p., 02 July 2015. Web. 12 Mar. 2017.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment