Friday, March 10, 2017

Thought Process



    The search continues.. it seems as if my group and I have decided on a few genres. But .. today I thought it'd be necessary to find out more about how story and character (plot) help develop a movie. As stated in this article, "The objective of Pixar is to combine creative talent and proprietary technology to create computer animated films with heartwarming and memorable stories and characters." From this, we can infer that the whole purpose of film making is to tell a story along with characters that draw the audience in. Without a story, there is no point in shots, angles, mise-en-scene, and sound. So, I thought of some interesting personalities I could incorporate in my "mysterious" genre. 


        1) An old homeless Vietnam veteran who enjoys reading old books

        2) A teenage prostitue 
        3) An African-American man in his mid-thirties who works professionally in the city but parties at night 


    Sadly, neither of these are sparking any inspiration in me. Maybe, I should think of location first? Where will this story take place? Perhaps in the city of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami? Or it could take place in the subarbs of Weston or Pembroke Pines. According to this article, the author claims that after your script has been approved one should be careful in choosing a film location. It also says that your location MUST match your script in order to bring your story to life! So, I began to think ... well before I even chose a location I need to brainstorm some topics that then lead to stories. 

       Moreover, I always have a hard time beginnning a big project. In order to understand the small details, I should get the big picture. What exactly am I doing? Well... I'm making a film opening with the techniques I've learned all year. Now, how exactly will I make this film opening? 

Citations:


  •  Resources, FMF. "For Filmmakers: Keep In Mind These Six Things Before Choosing A Film Location." Filmmakers Fans. N.p., 18 Aug. 2015. Web. 10 Mar. 2017.
  • "Importance." PIXAR. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Mar. 2017.
  • Empire, Team. "The 100 Greatest Movie Characters." Empire. Bauer Media Group., 06 Mar. 2017. Web. 10 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment