Thursday, March 30, 2017

Music

          Our film dilemma continues. Isabel and I suggested that we could film on Sunday around 7 P.M. At first we wanted to film at 8 but we thought we wouldn't have enough light for our shots. Since, I don't have any light equipment, we agreed it'd be best to start earlier. So, with that in mind, I decide to look at some songs we could use in our film introduction. In class, we critiqued each others blog posts, and we got a lot of suggestions to use a "happy" soundtrack to show an ironic contrast from the actual content.
          So, I began my search for some "creepy" songs for inspiration. On my web search, I came across this article. It gave me a list of songs that had lyrics that differed from it's sound. In other words, most songs made you want to get up and dance but actually had depressing stories behind the lyrics. One of the artists mentioned in the video were The Monkees and their song "Last Train of Clarksville." Which then reminded me of a couple songs from the 1960s that might have a good fit for our footage.

Here are a few songs from the 60s that I found:


   
      Hopefully, with these songs I found, I can discuss with my group on what sound we are going for. As for now, I realized that if we want to use a copyrighted song, we should know how to ask for permission. Here, I found the basic steps on using copyrighted material. It seems as if we should decide on a song as soon as possible .. if not, we can use music that is not copyrighted. On the bright side, we'll be finished with the filming part this weekend.

citations:

  • Stim, Richard, and ="image" / Rich StimAttorney at Law, Nolo Legal Editor, Blogger - Dear Rich: Nolo's Patent, Copyright and Trademark Blog, Author, Nolo Press WebsiteTwitterFacebookGoogle+Posts. "The Basics of Getting Permission." Stanford Copyright and Fair Use Center. N.p., 23 Mar. 2017. Web. 30 Mar. 2017.

  • BroBible. "10 Creepy Songs That Everyone Thinks Are Actually ’Happy’." BroBible. N.p., 17 Nov. 2014. Web. 30 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment